When it comes to all the information needed to know about well water systems, there are many grey areas. The team at Aqua Water Tech is here to help! We have provided the top mistakes that are made regarding a well water filtration system. When it comes to a water softener system, we are the ones to trust. We are available to the Broward county area!
Get All The Facts!
Over the last 25 years, we have worked on thousands of well water treatment installations. Unfortunately, by the time many of our customers work with us, they are installing their 2nd or 3rd system after having problems with the treatment system they had before. We realized after some time that there are five common mistakes, a lot of homeowners make when choosing their treatment system. You can easily avoid these problems with a little help and very little time and effort.
Mistakes Involving Well Water Systems
- Water Chemistry is Vital in Choosing the Best System for The Job
- Almost all water treatment systems have certain ranges or conditions in which they perform within. One example is well waters that are naturally acidic, and at the same time have iron present. A lot of iron filtration systems cannot take away iron if the water is acid, and so to begin with the water has to be treated to counteract the acidity in the water.
- Knowing which parameters to analyze is important. When the well is located near gasoline stations, industrial sites, or in close to an agricultural area where a lot of chemical substances are being used the water should be analyzed annually for a variety of chemical contaminants to make sure the water remains safe and secure.
- In the event that there are septic tanks or perhaps livestock in the region such as cattle or horses, a bacteria test is recommended. For many aesthetic water quality problems which may include bad tastes, odors, or perhaps staining, a general mineral testing is usually recommended.
- Understanding How Well Water Pumping Systems Work
- Most wells pump water from the earth automatically by using a submersible pump. If the well is shallow, they may use a jet pump which is located on top of the ground level and draws water from the well to create water pressure for the household. Some well water systems have a large holding tank to hold the actual water before it is pumped again to the household. Many other well water systems are gravity fed, and employ the law of gravity to produce water pressure for the dwelling.
- How Well Pump Flow Rate Affects Treatment Systems
- Water wells and well pumps come in different sizes and pump water at different rates. It’s easy to test the well pump to determine the actual flow rate from the pump. This will allow the right size water treatment system that can be preferred, which will work great with the given flow rate. Nearly all water treatment systems are self-cleaning and need to have a specific minimum flow rate. The common problem is to use a water treatment system that will require ten gals. per minute, but the existing well pump can only produce 7 gallons a minute. After a number of weeks, the water treatment system fails to backwash properly and becomes fouled.
- Water Pressure a Major Factor
- Water pressure also has a crucial role in selecting a water treatment system. Virtually all water treatment systems are going to decrease the water pressure as the water flows through the equipment. It is very important to be aware of what the water pressure from the well pump and pressure system is, prior to selecting a water treatment system in order to end up with decent water pressure inside the bathroom as well as other fixtures and home appliances. A lot of well pump systems are generally fine-tuned to operate at a better pressure if the pressure is not high enough, to begin with.
- Deciding on the Best Well Water Treatment System for the Job
- While some water treatment systems get rid of several pollutants, there is not just one treatment system that can work for every application or water contaminants.
- It is important to know what the ability of the treatment methods that are being considered, what impurities they extract, precisely what number of flow rates they will process, and what water pressures they will operate within.
Call Us For A Well Water Filtration System
Get all the answers to your questions about your well water systems. We at Aqua Water Tech, Inc. pride ourselves on being able to install and maintain a wide variety of water purification systems, in order for you to have the right system to fit your needs. This includes industrial water treatment. Our options include carbon filters, reverse osmosis, point-of-use filters, and more. All you need to do is check out our inventory and figure out which type of filter is best for your area and what you’re looking for. Call us today for the best options in Broward County. Get your clean well water today with our water filtration system! We look forward to hearing from you.